About the company:
AdsWizz is the leading global on-line audio and video advertising solution provider, headquartered in California and with Offices and IT Development Centers across the United States and Europe.
AdsWizz provides technology to on-line radios and ad networks to best monetize and measure their internet radio audience. The online audio marketplace is growing quickly. Listeners enjoy the ease of use and the breadth of content they can get from online audio. It is relatively easy for a broadcaster to get a signal onto the Internet for anyone across the world to access.
In order for a broadcaster to more effectively monetize their online radio audience, they need an advertising platform built especially for the online experience. It does not make sense to serve the same ad to a listener in New York City as a listener in London. Also, a broadcaster should take advantage of the dynamic interactivity available online with capabilities such as:
- Serving a targeted ad based on the listener’s location, interests, and time of day
- Serve an ad in the correct format whether it be to a computer or to an Internet enabled mobile phone Synchronize a display banner with an audio ad so that the listener can click and interact with brands
- Nice song fitting and transitions (no blanks, variable ad screen length, end/start of songs detection, etc)
We are currently hiring for our main IT Center of Excellence located in Bucharest.
If you really want to be treasured for your professionalism and innovation, dedication, knowledge and enthusiasm, then you really must join our international Engineering team in Bucharest.
As a Big Data Developer, you will:
- Participate in the analysis and design of services processing huge amounts of data and offering relevant business insights to our customers.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance effort during the full cycle of the product
- Use Amazon Web Services to deploy and scale in order to achieve the desired performance
- Studies in Computers Science, Mathematics, Business IT, or related discipline
- A deep understanding of current Big-Data technologies and can offer suggestions on the ones best suited to each problem.
- Hands on experience with the Hadoop stack (eg. MapReduce, Pig, Hive)
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
- Experience with No-SQL databases and can explain the trade-offs involved in choosing one over another
- Extended knowledge of JAVA (J2SE / J2EE) programming. Knowledge of JSF and Spring as MVC frameworks is a plus.
- Proven ability in Java analysis, design and development for high performance applications, designing and architecting J2EE applications.
- Experience in designing multi-threaded applications
- Experience applying development best practices (documentation, code reviews, coding standards, design patterns).
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX environments.
- Good knowledge of the English language, both orally and written. French is a plus.
The following are assets:
- SQL knowledge and the trade-offs involved in choosing SQL or No-SQL solutions
- Knowledge of deploying and scaling cloud services using AWS
- Understanding of Cascading
- Experience with AWS Elastic Map Reduce
- Agile development methodologies and good understanding of UML are considered a plus
- Experience / interest in Spark, Scala & functional programming
- Appetite for mathematical models and machine learning
- You have good analytical & conceptual skills
- You enjoy being part of a small team working on big challenge
- You’re curious and active consumer of Digital Audio
- You enjoy new technologies
- You want to make a difference
- You’re really motivated
- You want to have fun
- Applicants must have a strong sense of humour, sound judgment with a team player mentality
Our offer (bonuses, benefits) – what’s in it for you:
- Casual & friendly working environment with opportunities to impact the company with your ideas and involvement
- Flexible working hours
- Technology diversity
- We celebrate our wins with Belgian chocolate & beers, great Californian and Romanian wines or just tap water but we celebrate each time we release new break-through software!
- Working in an international/multi-cultural team
- Competitive remuneration package
- Smart people all around that want to aim for the sky, real technical challenges
We are family of big dreamers. Our ambition is to own the world of audio monetization. We work with big boys of audio in various markets (US, UK, FR, DE, Japan, APAC). We are bunch of strategic thinkers with an eye on the next big thing. We engage deeply with customers, partners, and field organizations to identify market opportunities and break complex problems down into actionable roadmaps. Serving as the critical bridge between our technology and our business, we touch nearly every part of the organization – from our Sales and Solutions teams to Engineering, Marketing, and Design. We are encouraged to experiment, build, fail fast, and think creatively and holistically in order to create game changing advertising technology innovations.