About our Company
AdsWizz is the leading technology provider of advertising solutions for the digital audio industry. The company seamlessly connects the digital audio advertising ecosystem with its suite of platforms and software solutions. AdsWizz provides leading audio publishers with its advanced server-side and client-side insertion software, and with its audio-centric adserving and supply-side platforms. AdsWizz also operates the largest premium audio marketplace and provides ad networks and programmatic trading desks with solutions to effectively trade online audio inventory.
AdsWizz powers the world’s leading digital ad-sale houses, advertisers, and audio publishers. The company is based in San Mateo, California with teams in Europe and Asia.
As an Advanced Tech Support Engineer you will have a central role to offer technical assistance on Adswizz’s solutions/technology once deployed in production or even in the pre-production phase. In this role you will work with both our partner’s teams and AdsWizz R&D. This position is part of our global support center and is based in Bucharest, Romania – so the successful candidate need to be flexible to accommodate US working hours. The regular schedule is Monday to Friday, with full flexibility in terms of WFH.
The ideal candidate will thrive in our fast paced, results-driven, start-up culture.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Acts as a Single Point of Contact for all Customers/Partners (portfolio includes Publishers, AdNetworks, CDNs) reporting issues or in need of technical assistance
- Provide support for customers via ticketing systems, e-mail, phone conferences and also live remote sessions
- Manage critical customer escalations and facilitate communication between customers and engineering
- Triage, diagnose, test, and replicate customer reported issues
- Issues that prove to be software defects need to be escalated to AdsWizz R&D, while providing a replication test bed and following up on the issue to resolution
- Help improve processes and tools
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of issues
- Create and curate knowledge-base articles and documentation to help other support folks and customers help themselves
- Provide technical support to Adswizz business teams
- Develop technical specialties (major directions being Cloud Technologies and Streaming Services) that pave the way to career growth
Experience and Job requirements:
- Bachelor degree from a leading university: Computers Science, Mathematics, Business IT, or related discipline
- 2+ years as a support engineer working large scale systems
- Prior experience of customer interfacing roles
- Aptitude to understand and analyze issues reported by various groups of customers; scale down the problem to the level of a system component
- Complex problem solving skills
- Familiar with support procedures, ticketing systems and customer portals
- Willingness to work “shifted” work hours to allow some business hours overlap with North American partners is mandatory
- Ability in understanding systems architectures
- Hands on experience with software deployment and IT operations is a plus.
- Fluency in English, any other European language is an asset
- Experience with emerging audio/video streaming technologies is a major advantage highly desirable
- Nice to have:
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Linux OS and scripting
- Experience with network troubleshooting
- Experience with ticketing systems like Jira, Zendesk
- Experience with streaming servers like Icecast, SHOUTcast, Wowza or FMS
Personality and basic qualifications:
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Customer driven and problem solving orientation
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) skills
- A high degree of flexibility
- Passion and enthusiasm: willing to do every day what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to handle work in a fast-paced environment and to work with international teams
- Open and flexible attitude to execute tasks at every level
- International experience
Our offer (bonuses, benefits) – what’s in it for you:
- Casual & friendly working environment with opportunities to impact the company with your ideas and involvement
- Flexible working hours
- Technology diversity
- We celebrate our wins with Belgian chocolate & beers, great Californian and Romanian wines or just tap water but we celebrate each time we release new break-through software!
- Working in an international/multi-cultural team
- Competitive remuneration package
- Smart people all around that want to aim for the sky, real technical challenges
Wanna see how Belgian chocolate goes with technology? Then you really must join our international team in Bucharest!